Dear All – 

St Jude and PIDS leadership have made the difficult decision to cancel the upcoming St. Jude/PIDS Conference due to the increasing spread of COVID-19.   This decision was made after several days of deliberation with the conference organizers, PIDS leadership, and the St. Jude Infection Prevention Team.  Out of an abundance of caution, we want to avoid unnecessary exposures to the immunocompromised children of St. Jude; moreover, there is simply no effective way to rapidly screen for the virus and attendees will be travelling from international and national sites, which further confuses risk calculation. 

We know that this decision will affect you all in a number of ways, but we trust that you understand that this is an evolving issue that requires utmost caution. For those who submitted abstracts for presentation, please know that we still plan to publish these in their entirety in an upcoming issue of JPIDS. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our PIDS staff at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

PIDS will continue to update our membership on COVID-19 developments. We wish you all the best as you care for your local communities and advance research on this and other microbes that threaten pediatric health.

Onward and upward,

Elaine and Buddy