REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS: Ralph D Feigin, MD, UpToDate® Pediatric Subscription Awards
In August, 2008, UpToDate®, in conjunction with Texas Children’s Hospital, established a series of pediatric subscription awards in honor of Dr Ralph David Feigin, who had been Editor-In-Chief of the Pediatrics Section of UpToDate since its inception in 1999. The award program grants up to six, three-year subscriptions to UpToDate® to physicians, other health care providers, or health care facilities that provide care to underserved or low-income children and who could not otherwise afford the subscription. The deadline for applications is May 30; awardees will be announced in June; and the subscriptions will start in July, 2017.
Applicants must meet all four (A, B, C, and D) of the following qualifications.
- Practice or teach in low-income or medically underserved areas.
A low-income or medically underserved area is defined as meeting any one of the following:
- a rural area more than 50 miles from the nearest city with a population of 400,000 or more and more than 50 miles from a medical school
- a practice in which 50% or more of the patients are uninsured, are insured by a governmental program or are identified as minorities
- a community or area designated by a governmental agency or governmental representative as medically underserved or qualifies as a health professional shortage area
- a low income country as designated by the WHO
- Deliver health care to children or health education to children and their families
- Do not currently have access to UpToDate® and are unable to afford the initial one-year subscription of approximately $500 and the approximately $400 yearly renewal fee.
- Have access to a computer with internet capability.
Applicants should complete the application below electronically. Cells may be expanded as needed.